Miami Beach 2022 New Year Eve
South Beach is known for its beaches and the glamorous scene around its happening nightspots and celebrity-chef eateries. Chain stores and indie fashion shops line pedestrian shopping strip Lincoln Road Mall. On Ocean Drive, known for its well-preserved art deco architecture, outdoor cafes offer a ringside view of the scene. Museums include the Wolfsonian-FIU, which has a collection of modern art and objects
in the United States. Art Basel Miami Beach, the sister event to the Art Basel event held each June in Basel, Switzerland, combines an international selection of top galleries with a program of special exhibitions, parties and crossover events featuring music, film, architecture and design. Exhibition sites are located in the city’s Art Deco District, and ancillary events are scattered throughout the greater Miami metropolitan area.
Public Transportation in Miami Beach is operated by Miami-Dade Transit (MDT). Along with neighborhoods such as Downtown and Brickell, public transit is heavily used in Miami Beach, and is a vital part of city life. Although Miami Beach has no direct Metrorail stations, numerous Metrobus lines connect to Downtown Miami and Metrorail (i.e., the ‘S’ bus line). The South Beach Local (SBL) is one of the most heavily used lines in Miami, and connects all major points of South Beach to other major bus lines in the city. Metrobus ridership in Miami Beach is high, with some of the routes such as the L and S being the busiest Metrobus routes.
The Airport-Beach Express (Route 150), operated by MDT, is a direct-service bus line that connects Miami International Airport to major points in South Beach. The ride costs $2.65, and runs every 30 minutes from 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. seven days a week.
Since the late 20th century, cycling has grown in popularity in Miami Beach. Due to its dense, urban nature, and pedestrian-friendly streets, many Miami Beach residents get around by bicycle. In March 2011 a public bicycle sharing system named Decobike was launched, one of only a handful of such programs in the United States. The program is operated by a private corporation, Decobike, LLC, but is partnered with the City of Miami Beach in a revenue sharing model. Once fully implemented, the program hopes to have around 1000 bikes accessible from 100 stations throughout Miami Beach, from around 85th Street on the north side of Miami Beach all the way south to South Pointe Park.
The December weather in Miami Beach – South Beach couldn’t get much more pleasant. Highs reach 77°F and it’s never colder than 66°F. The ocean has a water temperature of 74°F. An average 8 hours of sun each day means that you will be able to spend a lot of time on the beautiful white sand beaches of Miami. In December you don’t have to worry about any of the typical summer weather conditions such as rain, humidity and hurricanes either!
The weather isn’t the only reason that visitors as well as many high end second home owners head out to Miami Beach – South Beach in December. It’s simply everything the area has on offer – from the beautiful Art Deco District to endless activities over the holidays. You could watch the famous ballet ‘The Nutcracker’ or stroll around the beautifully lit streets. And get ready for a party like you haven’t seen before on New Year’s Eve!
South Beach is known for its beaches and the glamorous scene around its happening nightspots and celebrity-chef eateries. Chain stores and indie fashion shops line pedestrian shopping strip Lincoln Road Mall. On Ocean Drive, known for its well-preserved art deco architecture, outdoor cafes offer a ringside view of the scene. Museums include the Wolfsonian-FIU, which […]
This news story originally appeared at Miami Eng - City News Miami on10 January 2023
- GRIZZLIES at WARRIORS | FULL GAME HIGHLIGHTS | December 25, 2022
- Surveillance video shows fiery Miami crash that killed Lamborghini driver
- Miami Beach Art Basel 2022 scope
- Award-Winning, Absurd Workplace Comedy ‘Business Inc’ showcased at onVIVA.tv
- BREAKING MIAMI HEAT NEWS!! THE MIAMI HEAT SHOULD HAVE NEVER TRADED PRECIOUS ACHIUWA!!
- Dominic Pace to Guest Star on Navy: Ncis Closes in on 100th Imdb Credit
- Chris Vetrano Launches A Weekly Pop Culture Podcast
- Young Autistic Adult Published The Letter Critters Picture Word Book for Children
- 360 Protective Solutions on the Importance of Executive Protection For Executives and VIPs
- Melekel translates an inheritance from a distant past in new album titled Ancient Legacy
- Abusive Russian to face Pro Wrestling Legend!
- We’re In Paris Is Sidow Sobrino’s Newly Released Song and Video
- Photography Book Makes Black History Month Fun
- 24th Annual Super Bowl Soulful Celebration Returns On Feb. 8 With Patti LaBelle, Israel Houghton & The Players Choir, Honoring NFL QB Jalen Hurts
- Chris Waddell Joins Talent Concierge Artists Agency